- Install the needed packages (as root)
yum install ccsm compiz-manager emerald emerald-themes compiz-gtk compiz
- select 'Preferences -> Settings Manager'
- select 'Session and Startup'
- select 'Application Autostart' tab
- select the 'Add' button
- type 'compiz-manager' in Name and Command
- Logout & Logon and compiz should start
- Use 'Perferences -> Emerald Theme Manager' to select the window theme to use.
- Use 'Perferences -> CompizConfig Settings Manager' to configure the compiz plugins to use.
9 August 2011
Eyecandy and 3D effects in XFCE
This is a little guide to get Compiz up and running in XFCE in Fedora 15